Thread: A 8" telscope

A 8" telscope

If its made in the late 80īs and is a mc lens system how good is it compeer to a new one?

i cant answer your question. I thought MC lens was to do with cameras, and id assume an 8" telescope would be a reflector.
    If you dont already use it, id highly recommend the "cloudynights" forum to answer very specific equipment questions.

Thanks......

Now I got my telescope. And its a glorious piece of equipment! soon I will be able to produce pictures.

You're not supposed to say stuff like that out loud - the clouds will hear you.

congrats on new scope

Thats no problem. Its Sweden there is no night sky fore at least 5veeks more! So now I am saving up fore some more toys. planing to get a spectra scatter filter and a hydrogen alpha filter and if my wife not catch my yet a sodium filter.

Hi Tranan,

Congratulations about getting your new telescope! If you have a webcam and are interested in joining our Virtual Star Parties, shoot me a PM and we can get the ball rolling. I'm working with another astronomer in Finland at the moment, so I definitely understand the issue with daylight. But this also means that winter observation will be wonderful. Plus there's always the possibility of getting a solar filter for your scope to observe the sun!

Cheers!