Page 431 of 440 FirstFirst ... 331381421429430431432433 ... LastLast
Results 12,901 to 12,930 of 13186

Thread: Really trivial stuff that bugs you

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    This is both an annoyance and amusing: I have allergies. Even using antihistamines, this time of year, I can’t avoid having to wipe my nose at least once with a tissue during a typical grocery visit. I am trying to be discreet, but while at a store yesterday, a woman several feet away noticed and zipped away like a scalded cat.
    Runny nose isn't even a symptom of Covid-19.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

I was just watching a replay of today's SpaceX launch. When they get a view from the second stage, they alternate between two cameras on opposite sides, but the image shows the nozzle in the same orientation. I really wish they would flip one of those images around so it LOOKS like opposite sides.

This is both an annoyance and amusing: I have allergies. Even using antihistamines, this time of year, I can’t avoid having to wipe my nose at least once with a tissue during a typical grocery visit. I am trying to be discreet, but while at a store yesterday, a woman several feet away noticed and zipped away like a scalded cat.
    Ah yes, allergy, cold, and flu season, same as last year. People were going to be wheezing and sneezing all over anyway.

At the hospital we met a family with a young girl who turned out to have influenza A. The staff treated it like an afterthought. "Oh, she'll be fine, it's just the flu."
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

I haven't had that reaction yet but have the same allergy problems
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Trivial because he's okay, but Mobius Loop, he of the measles at Disneyland, was in quarantine for Covid-19. He's come back negative, but is there any medical problem he isn't going to have to deal with?

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Now the border is closed to all but essential travel. Also watching a new conference from Ontario and there one of manufacturers of tiolet paper say they have plenty of pulp to make it, the comapny is actually based here in NB.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

My favourite YouTuber was unable to get tested but has had symptoms for seven days; yesterday, she had to go to the hospital for shortness of breath.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

Looks like our vacation plans are disrupted even into summer. My sister can't move her scheduled days off, arranged in happier times. She said, "Even if we have to ship in sand at home, I AM going to have my beach vacation sometime this year."

We had to sit down and make a family plan in case one of the able-bodied in this house gets CV-19 (or flu, remember the flu?) To protect my Mom and sister, who both have asthma, we'd have to go to one-room isolation for the infected person(s).

Trivial because it hasn't happened, but if it does, move it to the Non-Trivial thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    My favourite YouTuber was unable to get tested but has had symptoms for seven days; yesterday, she had to go to the hospital for shortness of breath.
    Who was that? Wife and I watch tons of YouTube.
    Do good work. —Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom

Well I decided to go tomorrow to get the seeds and stuff for the garden but it is announced here everything non essential is shut down, so probably the nursery I normally go to is probably shut down. I can get most of the stuff thru hardware stores which allowed to be open, one of the times I wish I had a credit card I could order a lot dorctly from the source online. And the Canadian American border is shutting down Friday night in to early Saturday for non essential travel.

Insomnia bugs me.

Quote Originally Posted by pzkpfw View Post
    Thoughtless selfishness. If everybody just bought what they normally buy, nobody would be short of anything they normally buy. And if it all really went to heck, the hoarders have only bought themselves an extra few weeks of "luxury".
    Totally true. The thought that kind of bothers me is the possibility that the shortages are artificial, driven by the emergence of online auctions and the like. It encourages morally challenged people to buy up supplies to create an artificial shortage and then make a killing. I have a feeling that price-gouging is one of the causes of the shortages, not just panic buying.
    As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by Roger E. Moore View Post
    Who was that? Wife and I watch tons of YouTube.
    Jenny Nicholson. She does videos about theme parks and assorted other pop culture, including a hilarious one about the worst reality show of all time.

Meanwhile, I made the call yesterday that Graham and I cannot in good conscience take our planned annual Anniversary Night Alone Together this year--maybe we can do it later in the year, but certainly not now. And his response was, "Don't you want to anymore?"

"You can't erase icing."

My Nephew-in-law is turning 50 at the end of the month and was planning a big party down in his old home town of Centralia, WA. We were at first planning to go, then stuff happened, and we decided we should stay in isolation. Yesterday he announced that he's decided to remain 49 for the foreseeable future. He'd called the venue to cancel and they were about to call him for the same reason.
    We were thinking of having them up here but uh, better not.

Jut to let you guys know, my laptop charger crapped out. I might go silent for a while until it's replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    Jut to let you guys know, my laptop charger crapped out. I might go silent for a while until it's replaced.
    Describe charger

Describe charger
    It’s a small black box that converts mains voltage AC to low voltage DC, but that’s not important right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

Quote Originally Posted by extravoice View Post
    it’s a small black box that converts mains voltage ac to low voltage dc, but that’s not important right now.
    (slap!)

(slap!)
    Maybe I should have put that in the "when you have to make a joke thread"

Describe charger
    An orange car that makes crazy jumps in Hazzard County.

OK. I've got a borrowed computer and I'm back, baby!

That was a short vacation.

I decided that now would be a good time to update my Advance Directive for Healthcare, only to find that it has to be be signed by two witnesses who aren't identified as my "agent".
    Kinda hard to find witnesses when I'm essentially quarantined in my home.

Trivial, because the 20-year-old one from another state will probably do if things go sour before I get witness signatures.

I haven't done circle time with my students in a week, yet I still have the songs stuck in my head. Trivia, but annoying.
    Solfe

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    That was a short vacation.
    Take any pictures? Pictures or it didn't happen.

An end cap on a windshield wiper has fallen off, so now the rubber strip and the metal stick come apart easily... and I can't replace it, potentially for the rest of spring, because those stores are closed. I might try supergluing them together.

I work at a place that collects blood plasma, from which other locations in the company extract proteins and make medicines from those proteins. We've been classified as essential, so we're staying open, although some employees aren't coming in. I'm not sure whether I agree with that logic. Either way, it means I only get the usual two days off and then I go back, like nothing's happening. It feels like I'm missing out on the extra time off that others get.

There's about to be a local ban on driving other than to get supplies or go to work at only the essential places of employment. In theory, you could get pulled over & ticketed, although I find it hard to believe that that would happen because there's no way for the cops to know you're not just out to buy food. In any case, the plasma company recently sent out a letter for us all to print and keep in our cars, informing any cop we need to give it to that plasma collection is an essential business... and at the end of the letter, it tells us to keep our picture ID badges with us for just such an occasion. We don't have picture ID badges. This seems like a setup to get us in even more trouble, both for driving during a driving ban and for then trying to get out of it with a letter that clearly must belong to someone else (someone who, according to that letter, would have a picture ID badge). And on top of that, I just moved from Pennsylvania to New York and still have the PA license plate and driver's license, so anybody who was already suspicious of me would think I obviously must not work for the place I claim to work for because I don't even live around here.

Nova Scotia has told the police officers to issue tickets for more than 5 people in one area and except for law enforcement and transport trucks they are checking people going into the province.

Quote Originally Posted by Delvo View Post
    An end cap on a windshield wiper has fallen off, so now the rubber strip and the metal stick come apart easily... and I can't replace it, potentially for the rest of spring, because those stores are closed. I might try supergluing them together.
    Can’t you mail order? I’d bet a lot of the auto supply places have their own mail order, and then there is Amazon.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by The Backroad Astronomer View Post
    Nova Scotia has told the police officers to issue tickets for more than 5 people in one area and except for law enforcement and transport trucks they are checking people going into the province.
    Wow, sounds a lot stricter than what I am hearing here, at least for now. Here, they are talking about possible fines for business deemed non-essential staying open, and maybe for some other blatant stuff. Of course, who knows what they will decide in a week or so? That said, it gets into legal issues that cause all sorts of concerns and besides the majority is going along for their own safety. There are annoying exceptions though.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Wow, sounds a lot stricter than what I am hearing here, at least for now. Here, they are talking about possible fines for business deemed non-essential staying open, and maybe for some other blatant stuff. Of course, who knows what they will decide in a week or so? That said, it gets into legal issues that cause all sorts of concerns and besides the majority is going along for their own safety. There are annoying exceptions though.
    All three maritime provinces are now under a state of emergency. The Preimer of Nova Scotia is doing this because at a beach over the weekend there was so many people there was no parking left and other examples like that. Nova Scotia only has one highway in thru New Brunswick so it is not hard to restrict traffic. PEI only has a bridge that connects it. There have not been a lot of cases so far in the three provinces but hopefully this will slow it down it a bit.