Page 482 of 482 FirstFirst ... 382432472480481482
Results 14,431 to 14,437 of 14437

Thread: Really trivial stuff that bugs you

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
    It bugs me that you have source material in Comic Sans readily available. The only acceptable excuse would be someone in your house being a primary school teacher, there it's obligatory.

Which reminds me: it bugs me that writing formal reports with a title screen using WordArt is frowned upon in professional environments this millennium. What happened to freedom of expression and sunset gradient filled warped shadow casting Times New Roman...
    Same with all the fun transitions and effects in PowerPoint.
    The greatest journey of all time, for all to see
    Every mission makes our dreams reality
    And our destiny begins with you and me
    Through all space and time, the achievement of mankind
    As we sail the sea of discovery, on heroes’ wings we fly!

As long as every letter appears individually and at a pace below anyone's reading speed. Bonus point if the presenter reads the slide literally. Combo bonus if the presenter has to press the space bar again and again to make every new letter appear. I thought about giving bonus points if the presenter was not using presenter view, but that's a given at this stage.
    With sufficient thrust, water towers fly just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Backroad Astronomer View Post
    Today is one those days where I can't chose what to do, should take a walk in the woods to find a missing object but feeling a bit tired for that, could go out and read a book or an article.
    Found the missing keys.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

It bugs me that you have source material in Comic Sans readily available. The only acceptable excuse would be someone in your house being a primary school teacher, there it's obligatory.
    Well, it is arguably the most abused font in the history of the Internet, going back to some of the earliest home-brewed home pages. But really, I just pulled it out of the air because it was the first to come to mind. I could've picked Algerian, Brush Script MT, or even Arial Black.

Which reminds me: it bugs me that writing formal reports with a title screen using WordArt is frowned upon in professional environments this millennium. What happened to freedom of expression and sunset gradient filled warped shadow casting Times New Roman...
    We have agency-wide branding standards and templates, so merficully, we don't see that as much as in years past. I still use WordArt from time to time, when I need to do something graphic-y...which I don't do often enough to rate an actual graphic design program. For instance, I recently refreshed the design of our district retirement 'plaque': a brass gold pan, with an engrave round insert. WordArt was the only way I had of laying out curved text.

What I am glad to see behind us is the rampant use of Word/Powerpoint built-in clipart. I'm especially glad not to see this guy anymore:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipart.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	26061

...although it became funny for a while in my current position because we had a district manager who bore an uncanny resemblance.

Now, what really bugs me at work are the folks who seemingly can't create an Excel spreadsheet without filling cells with garish primary colors...and lots of them. The eye-neurysm they cause is bad enough but sometimes, you have to print them without color and when the tonal values are the same or similar...
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Ah well, stock photos are the clipart of this millennium. And they're every bit as sterile.
    With sufficient thrust, water towers fly just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersCreek View Post
    Doh! I was wondering who this Zane person was until this sentence reminded me. I guess I'm still getting the hang of 60.
    I mean, you remember my kids' names, so that's something?

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Ah well, stock photos are the clipart of this millennium. And they're every bit as sterile.
    Yes...but it's sterile with a lot of variety, at least. There were (and are) a lot of clipart farms from which to download but most people seemed to opt for the convenience of the limited but handy built-in clipart.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    I mean, you remember my kids' names, so that's something?
    George and Gracie, right? Seriously, I'm kind of surprised that I got Simon's and Irene's names pretty quickly. While I pick up and retain trivia like a velour shirt attracts cat hair, it bugs me that I'm fairly awful with names upon first meeting and shortly thereafter. If I don't make a focused effort to remember, the name could be gone within minutes...maybe seconds.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)