Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: This riddle is driving me nuts...

Solar system. The ball in the center is the Sun, the other balls are planets (maybe even moons) and the pebbles are asteroids, meteoroids and comets. The ball we need is Earth. Though we also need the sun ball.

Quote Originally Posted by The Supreme Canuck
    Solar system. The ball in the center is the Sun, the other balls are planets (maybe even moons) and the pebbles are asteroids, meteoroids and comets. The ball we need is Earth. Though we also need the sun ball.
    Correct!
    Here is an age-old one...I need to find better riddles ops:

The town is completely black. The roads are black, buildings, even the cars. A black dog crosses the road, yet the driver manages to stop to let it cross. How did he do this? (hint: he wasn't super/spiderman!)

I've got it, but I'll wait a while to post. Others should get a chance to see it first.

No one? Alright. He has headlights.

Correct. Although, another version says it's daylight...

Or there's a full moon...

Or he was a super hero not named Spiderman/Superman.

Or he had night-vision goggles...

Quote Originally Posted by NZborngal
    A ball is placed in the centre of a table. Other balls are placed around it, some larger, some far smaller. Pebbles have been scattered over the table, some on the edges of the table, others between two of the balls. The balls have been placed carefully in varying distances-no two are in the same place side by side. There is no real pattern, but one is very important, we NEED it! Not for the local basketball, or netball game either! In fact, this table isn't really a table. What is this a model of?
    Hmm, that's a very large table.
    The Thousand Yard Model

Quote Originally Posted by freddo
    Or he was a super hero not named Spiderman/Superman.
    Or the dog was barking very loudly. Between the noise and his red tongue, it shouldn't be too hard to spot him.

Just two riddles I made up-I know I'm stretching it, but I couldn't decide which one to put up, so I decided to add two riddles!

1.Reaching up to Earth one more time, he dies. With a good deal of quietness, and perhaps rustling, he falls. Once majestic, he lies still, his headdress lying limp on the ground.
    (Hint:Not King Duncan!

2. The eye is huge and ceaseless. It is neither living nor dead. The eye is nothing as we see on Earth. In fact, it has nothing whatsoever to do with Earth, but is well known for its residence on another planet in the solar system. What is it?

Did we ever get an answer to Nun/Priest/dead guy/son/daughter/bag of grain?

Apologies if it is there and I can't see it.

2. The eye is huge and ceaseless. It is neither living nor dead. The eye is nothing as we see on Earth. In fact, it has nothing whatsoever to do with Earth, but is well known for its residence on another planet in the solar system. What is it?
    Jupiter's Great Red Spot?

1.Reaching up to Earth one more time, he dies. With a good deal of quietness, and perhaps rustling, he falls. Once majestic, he lies still, his headdress lying limp on the ground.
    (Hint:Not King Duncan!
    A tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Eroica
    Thats my guess too

Quote Originally Posted by Eroica
    Both correct Amadeus and Eroica!

The Resurrection

...Of this thread will hopefully not annoy anyone too much, as I have a fresh set of riddles for people to figure out

1. John told his wife, Amelia, that he was out to work for a day, but he didn’t come back for a little over one year. But when he did, Amelia welcomed him back warmly, and asked him to tell her about it: she wasn’t mad at him at all.

2.Susan sliced off a finger yesterday, and yet she still retained five fingers on that hand. The affected finger was not replaced by metal, titanium or even stitched back on. How?

3. The humans saw the gorillas in the mirror, but they weren’t scared. Strangely enough, the gorillas couldn’t see even a trace of a human.

4. Trish killed Carmen through setting her kitchen on fire. However, she didn’t feel remorse, nor was she arrested for manslaughter.

5.He dived into the clouds of Jupiter, very deep down, so deep that around him the hydrogen became liquid. He should’ve been crushed a long, long, long time ago! Short of a miracle, what was keeping him alive and well?

Clues will come later, if people are stuck on certain q's and are dangerously close to doing this ------> ](*,)

Re: The Resurrection

...Of this thread will hopefully not annoy anyone too much, as I have a fresh set of riddles for people to figure out

1. John told his wife, Amelia, that he was out to work for a day, but he didn’t come back for a little over one year. But when he did, Amelia welcomed him back warmly, and asked him to tell her about it: she wasn’t mad at him at all.

2.Susan sliced off a finger yesterday, and yet she still retained five fingers on that hand. The affected finger was not replaced by metal, titanium or even stitched back on. How?

4. Trish killed Carmen through setting her kitchen on fire. However, she didn’t feel remorse, nor was she arrested for manslaughter.

Clues will come later, if people are stuck on certain q's and are dangerously close to doing this ------> ](*,)
    1. John went out on new years eve.

2.She had six fingers on one hand.

4.Carmen was an insect or rodent of some kind :?:

1. John and Amelia live on Venus.

2. It was someone else's finger she sliced off?

3. The humans saw the gorillas in the mirror, but they weren’t scared. Strangely enough, the gorillas couldn’t see even a trace of a human.
    The humans were watching a special on tv, and somone in the group watched a reflection of the show on a mirror because they were in another part of the room, or in another room altogether.

Alternate answer--The humans were watching the gorillas through a periscope, a telescope, or binoculars--something that requires mirrors to operate properly--and the gorillas thus did not see the humans.

5.He dived into the clouds of Jupiter, very deep down, so deep that around him the hydrogen became liquid. He should’ve been crushed a long, long, long time ago! Short of a miracle, what was keeping him alive and well?
    Either "he" was wearing a space suit, or in a space craft or "he" is a remote satelite, and designed to withstand the pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by NASA Fan
    The humans were watching a special on tv, and somone in the group watched a reflection of the show on a mirror because they were in another part of the room, or in another room altogether.

Alternate answer--The humans were watching the gorillas through a periscope, a telescope, or binoculars--something that requires mirrors to operate properly--and the gorillas thus did not see the humans.

Either "he" was wearing a space suit, or in a space craft or "he" is a remote satelite, and designed to withstand the pressure.
    Pretty much on to it with number three, but my version was that the humans were scientists studying the gorillas through a one-way mirror-meaning they could see the apes, but the apes couldn't see the scientists.

As for the Jupiter one, here's a clue: He isn't on Jupiter at all, and he's also human But I'll give you a cookie for your efforts
    *gives NASA Fan cookie*

She was arrested for murder and/or arson?

Nope far from it! Think of computer games-simulation games (not the violent, I'm-gonna-spill-your-internal-organs-mua-ha-ha-ha types of games though!)

Was Trish also killed?

Was Trish also killed?
    No, she stayed alive. I don't know many computer games that kill a human (unless the computer is falling from a height!)

Oh. Was Carmen a character in a computer game?

...5.He dived into the clouds of Jupiter, very deep down, so deep that around him the hydrogen became liquid. He should’ve been crushed a long, long, long time ago! Short of a miracle, what was keeping him alive and well?
    Oh, what was the name of that story? I remember reading it in Playboy (yes, some of us actually do read the magazine, as opposed to just looking at the pictures)...the remote-control pilot, injured in an aviation accident over the Grand Canyon, because the futuristic craft he was piloting had its radio signal being relayed through a repeater on the Moon -- and now the corrections he's making are delayed, and feeding the oscillations, and the craft goes thru the tourist zeppelin, and he's all smashed up too, and now the only thing he can do is be the remote-control intelligence in orbit around Jupiter as the little exploratory thingie dips into Juniper's atmosphere? Whattheheck was that story anywayt? That was a good 'un...

Okay, here are the results so far:

For the first one, with Amelia and John, Sockpuppet had the right answer: they live on Venus. Well done

The finger one, sorry Sockpuppet and Conspiracy Cam, you're wrong. Think media.

Number three-NASA Fan had pretty much got it

Number Four-Okay, here's the answer: Carmen was a Sim in "The Sims"-while Trish, of course, was the player.

Number Five-Virtual... What's the next word? But to all those who tried to answer that, they were great, creative answers

Number Four-Okay, here's the answer: Carmen was a Sim in "The Sims"-while Trish, of course, was the player.
    So. Kind of like what I said, then?

Oh. Was Carmen a character in a computer game?
    :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by One Day More View Post
    The finger one, sorry Sockpuppet and Conspiracy Cam, you're wrong. Think media.
    Perhaps another hint?
    Trigger warning - this post may contain information that some members disagree with. It might also end sentences with prepositions.