Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 56

Thread: Enterprise 4/21 SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    28

    Enterprise 4/21 SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

    Since when did this show get good?

    I was watching tonight and I hadn't seen it since the end of last year, they have been watching on and off, and tonight it was actually really good!

    T'Pol is a crackhead and Archer is out of control piratering! Amazing, to bad the show is getting canned. :-?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Nassau Bay, Texas
    Posts
    3,193

    Re: Enterprise 4/21 SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BOB2.0
    T'Pol is a crackhead and Archer is out of control piratering! Amazing, to bad the show is getting canned. :-?
    The previews said something like "Only five episodes left until the season finale" So I guess it is one for at least one more year.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    14,595
    I was at the edge of my seat the whole time. 8^)

    Real continuity, serious damage and actual casulties, and no reset button. I kept looking around for G'Kar and Londo.

    This is what Enterprise should have been all this time. Finally.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    4,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose
    Real continuity, serious damage and actual casulties, and no reset button. I kept looking around for G'Kar and Londo.
    What, didn't you see them in the Bar Scene?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    30,138
    Shame about Hoshi, though. I was really starting to like her.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    783

    Re: Enterprise 4/21 SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jrkeller
    The previews said something like "Only five episodes left until the season finale" So I guess it is one for at least one more year.
    Not necessarily UPN hasn't really committed to the show as far as I know. They where, last time I heard, considering three options in this order:

    1. Cancel
    2. Renew for 13 episodes if it doesn't do amazing cancel.

    and a distant third:
    3. Renew for full season(not likely at all as the show has been a ratings dog)

  7. #7
    Glom's Avatar
    Glom is offline Insert awesome title here
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    11,354
    If the show has been improving as everyone says, why are the ratings still so low?

    I saw one episode. It looks like they've actually got plot now, which is good, although I can't say the art direction has improved much.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    30,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Glom
    If the show has been improving as everyone says, why are the ratings still so low?
    Because most people have given up on it, and because it's been in repeats for about the last month - last night was the first new episode in a while.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    8,931
    And I would just like to point out this to everyone.

    \/ \/ \/
    Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    1,242
    Quote Originally Posted by ToSeek
    Shame about Hoshi, though. I was really starting to like her.
    Yes, that was particularly cruel and sensless.

  11. #11
    Glom's Avatar
    Glom is offline Insert awesome title here
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    11,354
    From what I've been able to gather of the third season so far, the beginning of the series was a damning indictment of B&B's greediness and laziness. Apparently, it's been much better written and more thought has gone into it. B&B's attitude at the beginning of the series seemed to be one of total apathy. They didn't care about putting out a decent series. Trekkies are drones who'll watch regardless. The UPN execs will ignore us because there is solid fanbase. But then, they got a reality shock when the fans abandoned them and they realised they can't pass off any old crap.

    It seems like, now they've actually been scared into trying to put out something good, they've actually started working. Remember 'All Good Things...'? Best episode ever, co-written by Braga. Maybe if they'd gotten off their lazy, arrogant behinds, they could have actually made the series great from the start.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The beautiful north coast (Ohio)
    Posts
    50,059
    Quote Originally Posted by ToSeek
    Shame about Hoshi, though. I was really starting to like her.
    Ok, I'll bite, what happened to Hoshi? Did they kill her off? I haven't watched in a very long time (I'm one of those that gave up because it was so bad).
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

    All moderation in purple - The rules

  13. #13
    Glom's Avatar
    Glom is offline Insert awesome title here
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    11,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift
    Ok, I'll bite, what happened to Hoshi? Did they kill her off?
    I think you'll find it is just a joke that johnwitts started. Everutime he talks about a new episode, he makes references to either Hoshi or Porthos dying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swift
    I haven't watched in a very long time (I'm one of those that gave up because it was so bad).
    If you gave up on it because B&B were too lazy to put any effort into writing and thought they could coast along because the the fans are stupid and will unconditionally love anything, then you might find things have improved slightly (slightly being the operative word). B&B have been slapped across the face and made to realise we are discerning audiences and do want something that is well written in for us to watch it and keep them in work.

    If you gave up because the art direction was abysmal, well that doesn't seem to have improved much.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    30,138
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwitts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToSeek
    Shame about Hoshi, though. I was really starting to like her.
    Yes, that was particularly cruel and sensless.
    When T'Pol gets through drug withdrawal and realizes what she's done, she's going to be devastated. I mean, I knew Vulcans were strong, but not that strong!

    Swift, read this and the following messages and be enlightened.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    8,931
    Actually, it started about a month earlier with this.

    Kind, considerate, John having a bit of fun at my expense.
    Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    1,242
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanF
    Actually, it started about a month earlier with this.

    Kind, considerate, John having a bit of fun at my expense.
    Me? Never! All I want to know is what am I going to do if they do kill off Hoshi? They've killed Mayweather and Trip already, although not really. They've even killed everyone on Earth, which is never so much fun. I think we should start a 'Keep Hoshi safe' campaign. Just so I can keep this joke going.

    That reminds me. I need to go guess the latest Sci Fi quote.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by Glom

    It seems like, now they've actually been scared into trying to put out something good, they've actually started working. Remember 'All Good Things...'? Best episode ever, co-written by Braga. Maybe if they'd gotten off their lazy, arrogant behinds, they could have actually made the series great from the start.
    It could be because they were about to be fired. There was an article on it a month or so ago.

    Maybe they can only do good work when their jobs are on the line?


    Quote Originally Posted by BOB2.0

    Since when did this show get good?

    I was watching tonight with my roomate and his fiance and I hadn't seen it since the end of last year, they have been watching on and off, and tonight it was actually really good!

    T'Pol is a crackhead and Archer is out of control piratering! Amazing, to bad the show is getting canned
    Last weeks episode was pretty good as well. I suggest watching every episode until the end of this season.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    30,138
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanF
    Actually, it started about a month earlier with this.

    Kind, considerate, John having a bit of fun at my expense.
    I realized that wasn't the start; I just wanted a good example.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    313
    They just can't lay off time travel can they?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    4,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamboni
    They just can't lay off time travel can they?
    Speaking of which, what did everyone think of this week's episode?

    Trip's Kid, T'Pol talking to herself, Old Plasma Injectors, and in the End, it all comes back to Normality.

    Or does it?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    6,275
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamboni
    They just can't lay off time travel can they?
    Speaking of which, what did everyone think of this week's episode?

    Trip's Kid, T'Pol talking to herself, Old Plasma Injectors, and in the End, it all comes back to Normality.

    Or does it?
    Yawn.

    One thing I sure get tired of: over and over, amazing things happen... and everybody just takes it in stride. I mean, wouldn't you get a little freaked out of your unborn child showed up for dinner, fully grown with her own kids in tow? Yet it's just another day at the office on Enterprise...

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    4,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie B.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamboni
    They just can't lay off time travel can they?
    Speaking of which, what did everyone think of this week's episode?

    Trip's Kid, T'Pol talking to herself, Old Plasma Injectors, and in the End, it all comes back to Normality.

    Or does it?
    Yawn.

    One thing I sure get tired of: over and over, amazing things happen... and everybody just takes it in stride. I mean, wouldn't you get a little freaked out of your unborn child showed up for dinner, fully grown with her own kids in tow? Yet it's just another day at the office on Enterprise...
    Perhaps a bit.

    But as Douglas Adams put it, "It's nothing a well adjusted family can't handle."

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    14,595
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamboni
    They just can't lay off time travel can they?
    Trip's Kid, T'Pol talking to herself, Old Plasma Injectors, and in the End, it all comes back to Normality.
    It was a different take on the ol' Reset Button, that they wrote it in, then deliberately walked away from it.

    Maybe it's starting to sink in finally.

    It was nice to see David Andrews playing Lorien. I like most of his performances.

    [Edit: Oh, cause johnwitts hasn't shown up yet:] Oh, and it's too bad what happened to Hoshi and Porthos...

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    313
    Oh, and it's too bad what happened to Hoshi and Porthos...
    Ah so HE's the father... LOL

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose
    Oh, and it's too bad what happened to Hoshi and Porthos...
    Oh stop. Nothing happened to Hoshi. She did a good job staking those Xindi. But Porthos, guess they will have to rename him "tripod."

    Zamboni you been reading too much hotmail spam.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie B.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamboni
    They just can't lay off time travel can they?
    Speaking of which, what did everyone think of this week's episode?

    Trip's Kid, T'Pol talking to herself, Old Plasma Injectors, and in the End, it all comes back to Normality.

    Or does it?
    Yawn.

    One thing I sure get tired of: over and over, amazing things happen... and everybody just takes it in stride. I mean, wouldn't you get a little freaked out of your unborn child showed up for dinner, fully grown with her own kids in tow? Yet it's just another day at the office on Enterprise...
    Perhaps a bit.

    But as Douglas Adams put it, "It's nothing a well adjusted family can't handle."
    Also: "This is not my first temporal anomaly."

  27. #27
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue
    Zamboni you been reading too much hotmail spam.
    I can't help it... Spams are like Enterprise: the title always promises something great like "Naked Vulcan Chick" but the content never delivers... I watch it even though it sucks! Maybe I should switch to Smallville or something...

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamboni
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue
    Zamboni you been reading too much hotmail spam.
    I can't help it... Spams are like Enterprise: the title always promises something great like "Naked Vulcan Chick" but the content never delivers... I watch it even though it sucks! Maybe I should switch to Smallville or something...

    I'm pretty sure there are no naked Vulcan chicks on Smallville either.

    Some spoilers below. Highlight to read....
    I have mixed feelings about the time travel. It seemed a clever way to get some tech upgrades to Enterprise (although I may reconsider this if I find out that the tractor beam was not one of the shared components). However, it seemed to me that all this concern about what was going to happen if Enterprise went through the subspace corridor was at least partly misguided. It didn't occur to anyone that by contacting Enterprise before it went into the corridor, the "old" Enterprise had already changed events. Had Enterprise been thrown into the past again, it would have gone in armed with (1) knowledge of what had happened; (2) lengthy analyses of the data; and (3) technology that had taken a century to gather. I would have liked one of the characters to at least acknowledge this.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    4,519
    In other words, in reference to your Spoiler statement:

    Make it a recursive progression, spend three or four Temporal Loops turning the Enterprise into a Battleship.

    Heck, at that point, forget the Xindi, just go back in time, and stop the Expanse from even forming.

    Now, that would be good plotting!

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    1,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose

    [Edit: Oh, cause johnwitts hasn't shown up yet:] Oh, and it's too bad what happened to Hoshi and Porthos...
    Actually, I suppose Hoshi and Porthos did die in this episode, on the second Enterprise, many years before, along with everyone else but T'Pol.

    It's nice that they named the NX-02 Columbia. It sort of brings the time travelling name full circle. The first Shuttle was named after Enterprise from the TV show, so it seems fitting that the second NX class ship will be named after the second shuttle, Columbia. (It makes my head hurt thinking in circles like this.)

Similar Threads

  1. Bad science on Enterprise 11/19 (spoilers)
    By ToSeek in forum Small Media at Large
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 2003-Dec-01, 08:02 AM
  2. Enterprise Oct 15 - FTL telepathy (spoilers likely)
    By Aodoi in forum Small Media at Large
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2003-Oct-26, 12:45 AM
  3. Star Trek Enterprise Oct 8 (some spoilers)
    By Aodoi in forum Small Media at Large
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 2003-Oct-14, 06:49 PM
  4. Season 3 of Enterprise Episode 1 SPOILERS AHEAD
    By tuffel999 in forum Small Media at Large
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 2003-Sep-27, 08:12 PM
  5. Enterprise: "Rogue Planet" (spoilers)
    By ToSeek in forum Small Media at Large
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 2002-Mar-29, 01:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •