Thread: Adventures in Woo-Woo Land

Adventures in Woo-Woo Land

I’ve been a member of this forum for just over a month and finally decided to wander over to GLP last night just to see what all the fuss was about. I first fortified myself with some Earl Grey and repeated some Bene Gesseret mantras and then plunged. After two hours of mildly amusing reading about Zetas, Chemtrails, and the world ending on a daily basis; I became somewhat concerned. What if there are more of “them” than there are of “us?”

Just an observation - I guess charlatans, pseudo-science, and the like is the easy way out. It only requires belief. Understanding real science can be hard work.

Re: Adventures in Woo-Woo Land

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    I’ve been a member of this forum for just over a month and finally decided to wander over to GLP last night just to see what all the fuss was about. I first fortified myself with some Earl Grey and repeated some Bene Gesseret mantras and then plunged. After two hours of mildly amusing reading about Zetas, Chemtrails, and the world ending on a daily basis; I became somewhat concerned. What if there are more of “them” than there are of “us?”
    There are if you add up all the different varieties.

It's hard to say - there are so many people there with multiple personas a head count is simply impossible...

Quote Originally Posted by freddo
    It's hard to say - there are so many people there with multiple personas a head count is simply impossible...
    LOL!! =D>

Re: Adventures in Woo-Woo Land

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    Just an observation - I guess charlatans, pseudo-science, and the like is the easy way out. It only requires belief. Understanding real science can be hard work.
    Exactly. There are bound to be more woo-woos than anti-woo-woos simply because it's easier (and often more fun) to go off half-cocked about whatever flavor of conspiracy you subscribe to than it is to take the time to learn about what you're discussing.