Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Adventures in Woo-Woo Land

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    80

    Adventures in Woo-Woo Land

    I’ve been a member of this forum for just over a month and finally decided to wander over to GLP last night just to see what all the fuss was about. I first fortified myself with some Earl Grey and repeated some Bene Gesseret mantras and then plunged. After two hours of mildly amusing reading about Zetas, Chemtrails, and the world ending on a daily basis; I became somewhat concerned. What if there are more of “them” than there are of “us?”

    Just an observation - I guess charlatans, pseudo-science, and the like is the easy way out. It only requires belief. Understanding real science can be hard work.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    5,455

    Re: Adventures in Woo-Woo Land

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    I’ve been a member of this forum for just over a month and finally decided to wander over to GLP last night just to see what all the fuss was about. I first fortified myself with some Earl Grey and repeated some Bene Gesseret mantras and then plunged. After two hours of mildly amusing reading about Zetas, Chemtrails, and the world ending on a daily basis; I became somewhat concerned. What if there are more of “them” than there are of “us?”
    There are if you add up all the different varieties.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,134
    It's hard to say - there are so many people there with multiple personas a head count is simply impossible...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by freddo
    It's hard to say - there are so many people there with multiple personas a head count is simply impossible...
    LOL!! =D>

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    497

    Re: Adventures in Woo-Woo Land

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    Just an observation - I guess charlatans, pseudo-science, and the like is the easy way out. It only requires belief. Understanding real science can be hard work.
    Exactly. There are bound to be more woo-woos than anti-woo-woos simply because it's easier (and often more fun) to go off half-cocked about whatever flavor of conspiracy you subscribe to than it is to take the time to learn about what you're discussing.

Similar Threads

  1. Adventures in DIY
    By PetersCreek in forum Off-Topic Babbling
    Replies: 1548
    Last Post: 2021-Nov-09, 05:49 PM
  2. VA Hospital Adventures
    By BigDon in forum Off-Topic Babbling
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2012-Apr-24, 06:24 PM
  3. Adventures of Mr. X in the Marketing World
    By a1call in forum Off-Topic Babbling
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 2010-Oct-09, 08:59 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2007-Aug-22, 03:05 PM
  5. Motorcycle Adventures
    By crosscountry in forum Off-Topic Babbling
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 2006-Feb-27, 02:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •