Thread: An Article and a Video, WISE and Google Sky(again).

An Article and a Video, WISE and Google Sky(again).

http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...am-100311.html

So according this article, the WISE telescope developed by nasa is supposedly going to "shed some light" on nemesis once and for all, but this hasn't stopped people from going around saying that "Nasa has finally admitted thier wrong nibiru exists!" and other weird statements.

Then there is Google Sky being called to question. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByD3n...eature=related

Despite the fact that i've heard reports of there being blacked out areas other than the aformentioned area. the poster of this video believes that google blocked out the area's due to problems with..china?

Anyone wanna discuss this, cause I'm near the breaking point....I don't want to cause any trouble, I just want the facts.
    Last edited by Tenshu; 2010-Mar-25 at 09:16 AM.

Why are you near the breaking point?

Quote Originally Posted by PraedSt View Post
    maybe because things like this make me nervous as heck, and I while I don't want to believe them part of me wonders why other people do, not to mention i can't seem to avoid these things either cause trouble follows me like a bad habit.

Finding that an object exists doesn't mean that it will crash into us. The Moon's quite close, but no-one worries about that.

^true but the object in question is being regarded as Nibiru by many youtube goers and people at other forum sites, and we all know what happens when that planet is brought up.--

Quote Originally Posted by PraedSt View Post
    Because he doesn't know when to use their, they're and there and not to use thier?

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

If something like Nemesis exists, it's nothing at all like the object the crackpots claim Nibiru is. The hypothetical Nemesis never comes close to the inner solar system.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Tenshu View Post
    Anyone wanna discuss this, cause I'm near the breaking point....I don't want to cause any trouble, I just want the facts.
    What? Discuss it with you? Or the proponents of the nonsense?

We've been through the cause of the "blacked out" regions many times. For instance, see article in topic Nibiru, which will direct you further:

And it offers this useful advice about Google Sky source material:

Sloan says:

The SDSS has a very sensitive camera. Stars that you can see with your unaided eyes are a little too bright for the SDSS's camera, so they show up as washed out. The SDSS still gets an image of those stars (for example, here is Pollux), but their images are unreliable, and the SDSS gets no catalog data.
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...
    Skepticism enables us to distinguish fancy from fact, to test our speculations. --Carl Sagan

I feel much better now after reading those last two posts, thanks dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenshu View Post
    I feel much better now after reading those last two posts, thanks dudes.
    You're most welcome.

Now how about staying away from the YouTube charlatans and investing the time saved on learning something useful like science or art?
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...
    Skepticism enables us to distinguish fancy from fact, to test our speculations. --Carl Sagan