La Serenissima

The City of Venice. During my 15 month stay in Italy, I went there many times. I could have been a tour guide!
  1. The Piazza San Marco which overlooks San Giorgio Island in the distance.  A very photogenic spot with many weddings and events everyday.  Mind the...
  2. The Bridge of Sighs.  It is said condemned prisoners walked this bridge to their cells and sighed at their last view of La Serenissima.
  3. The famous Rialto bridge over the Grand Canal.  It houses merchant shops up one side and down the other and is one of the most crowded places in the...
  4. Saint Marks Cathedral.  Very beautiful with a huge mosaic tile floor depicting scenes from the gospels.  No pictures allowed on the inside but don't...
  5. The Loggia.  The great rulers of Venice held their courts here.
  6. No cars are allowed in Venice.  Everything moves by boat.  I remember watching a "moving company" load a person's belongings on a barge for transport...
  7. A gondola glides under one of the many arching bridges.  The cost was about $100 per hour, but on a slow tourist day, you could negotiate a nice tour...
Showing photos 1 to 7 of 7